A promotional ad for Rome at the entrance to Metro Cavour.
It's a pseudo search, saying
"Rome is everybody's, Rome is beautiful, Rome is light, Rome is eternal, Rome is home, Rome is poetry, Rome is art, Rome is roots..."
So not a search, but real markers of what this city is all about.

Monday 5 November 2018

Graffiti and other details of our street and round the corner

For weeks, coming down the hill, we only saw the red and black and blue. Then suddenly the white jumped at us.

Looking down Via del Garofano

Perhaps a comment here about the offices of TIM, the major phone company.

There is a problem of rising damp.


I shade my eyes from all those scribbles opposite

I try, I really try.

But he died, didn't he?

Someone wrote something harsh, ending in knife. Someone wrote in green, amore, over the top

Well, our name plates are elegant

There is a weed shop round the corner

A corner buttress, which gathers water, thus moss



 

Am I not able to think of myself as a graffito?









and a little elegance to finish
and a dog, on a damp afternoon







No comments:

Post a Comment