A promotional ad for Rome at the entrance to Metro Cavour.
It's a pseudo search, saying
"Rome is everybody's, Rome is beautiful, Rome is light, Rome is eternal, Rome is home, Rome is poetry, Rome is art, Rome is roots..."
So not a search, but real markers of what this city is all about.

Thursday 25 October 2018

Smiles on the Spanish Steps 25 October 2018

Happiness












She danced, I caught it on a movie with her parents smiling,
but I have no parental consent, so not posted.

Then into Via del Babuino




Exchanging notes with Silenus,
whose sculpture deemed so ugly when put in place in the 1580s that people called it Babuino, a baboon.
The name stuck, to the extent that the street was eventually renamed Babuino.
Restored and recapitated in recent years.
Exchanging notes with a Chinese man. His wife, my wife in the 'Luxury Outlet' behind me.
He took my photo, I took his photo, we smiled, I went to his side of the road.
From Beijing but living in London, in investment.
We talked a little in Chinese, with his use of phone to find the word investment.
He said the economy in China was bad, things in China were bad.
He may be one of those who made money and who have run from campaigns in recent years.
outside the Hotel de Russie
and a final note from Piazza del Popolo


No comments:

Post a Comment